Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Three Things I Like About My Kindle Touch

1. Easily portable, and stores many books in one place. As a person who usually ends up reading more than one book at a time(sometimes as many as 4 to 6 at once, but I try to keep it under that, or I start confusing characters and scenes) I can say that the Kindle is much easier to drop into the outside pocket of my purse when I am off on an errand or appointment, and I may have to sit for awhile.

2. Downloading free samples. I love this feature so much(provided, of course, that the sample they allow you to download is worth a damn- they aren't always, but this is a list of praise, not discord) I go through and download samples of books that I intend to buy in paper- or hardback, too, because this has actually saved me money when the sample chapter(s) have not been at all what I was expecting from reading the synopsis or reader reviews.

3. I can be reading anything, horror, comedy, gay erotica, while sitting out in public and it is going to be near impossible for someone to see the title of what I am reading, and use that to try and open up a discussion about the book. If I am sitting somewhere reading, it's because I want to be sitting there reading, not talking about the book I could be reading if Mr./Ms. Chatterbox would only shut the hell up.

*Bonus- Some of my favourite authors have started publishing novellas via Kindle only, so it's nice to have some way to read them.




No comments:

Post a Comment