Thursday, October 31, 2013

Three Things I Liked About The Convent




  This 2000 movie is pretty much Night of the Demons, only set in an old convent, and with a broad streak of humour, throughout. Featuring a stereotypical group of asshole college kids (complete with the nerdy pledge, and a lone goth girl thrown in for good measure) the delectable Adrienne Barbeau, and Coolio and Bill Moseley as the local law enforcement. This was 80 minutes of bloody good fun.


There will be SPOILERS in regards to some of the greater "gore" moments!

Yeah, I said "spoilers."


  1. Adrienne Barbeau as the foul-mouthed, motorcycle riding, demon battling Christine.

Still smokin' at 55.

  And her sweet stockpile of weapons:



  
Yes, she does have several nun/demon heads
hanging from her belt.


  2. The gore was pretty good, and they definitely weren't shy with the fountains of fake blood. A couple of my favourites:

   ~A Maglite is jammed into a demon's mouth and out the back of her head. This was a laugh-out-loud moment for me.

Something about watching her flail around with this in her mouth
simply slayed me.

   ~The cheerleader gets her face peeled off.

I don't know about you....

....but a good face peel always leaves me feeling a little warm and fuzzy.

   There were shotgun blasts a'plenty, a literal shower of blood, a dick chomp, and some eye trauma, as well. (The dvd extras showed some longer takes from the gore scenes, as well, which was kinda neat)


  3. Dickie Boy and Saul, the "Satanists." I find myself unable to describe how awesomely dorky and hysterical these two were. Every moment they were on screen was a joy. This following clip is Saul's grand entrance, and grand it is. 






No comments:

Post a Comment